Tuesday, April 16, 2013

One Year Later

It's been somewhere in the nature of a year that I started training in Bando. I've been knocked around, laid out, and spent many days after training hobbling about like an old man (the past three days included) because of the sheer physical stress as well as my body learning new ways of moving, "muscles you didn't know you had". I've almost passed out from training in 100+ degree heat, I've felt so cold that my fingers and toes may fall off. I've trained in the dark, the heat, the rain and the snow. And I wouldn't trade a second of it. I've found a home that matches my thoughts and is showing me how to implement them in my life. I've found a circle of like minded people that are growing in the same ways. I may not be able to walk very well right now, but I still fight in my own ways to continue on this path. Growing hurts. Change sucks. But the benefits are worth the pain.

I will forewarn you, I am going to voice my opinion here. I am going to speak on a real level, not about fantasy. I am going to use grown up words. If you don't want to read dirty words, or you want to sit and complain about my opinions, then leave with your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment