Sunday, March 23, 2014

Unveling

What is said, I'll hear, and believe as a half-truth. What isn't said and heard is what speaks the ultimate truth.

I'm coming to the realization that those I've chosen to surround myself with (old friends) aren't what I remember them as.

I realize now that "the old alliances are dead." (King Theoden). I no longer fit into the old social circle I used to believe I belonged to, and subsequently dedicated myself to.

There comes many times in a person's life that they start to see the truth that's been surrounding them. "Let the truth have its day." (Alfred Pennyworth).

I've elected to retreat into myself and evolve, much like the caterpillar makes a cocoon and emerges a butterfly. This seems that it should be done no less than every 3 years. Bando bases itself on the 3-6-9 principle, and is thus engrained in the psyche of all humans.

Look at how we choose to believe something. A person can show us one, then two examples, and we're still skeptical of the facts laid before us. But when proof #3 appears, we're all in. Watch a few movies/TV shows and you'll see what I mean.

The whole point of this rant is that I've realized where I am, and taken time to see what surrounds me. I am no longer one of the old friends. I'm an outcast. I don't fit into the mold. Like a smaller square peg fitting into a larger round hole. It fits, but it isn't quite right.

This doesn't mean there's anything wrong with me (or you). It means that I've changed, and where I once went no longer takes me as I am. And so, I must move on.

There is no animosity here, nor should there be. We changed. We grew. And We no longer fit. It's time for me to take the path that's been laid out for me. And I don't give a damn if you like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment